Software Design Solutions: Your Experts for Internet of Things Development Projects
Your company is creating a device that will eventually be used in an Internet of Things application. It will be controlled by, and communicate with, code written by Internet of Things development professionals and through its connection to an outside system, or the cloud.
Your best chance of success is to partner with a firm that:
- Truly does “partner” with you, efficiently melding your specific domain expertise with the Internet of Things application code.
- Has a proven track record of delivering IoT applications that work reliably, and meet tight time-to-market demands and budget requirements.
The term “Internet of Things” (IoT) is fairly new. The technologies that comprise a true IoT application pre-date the term, and include capabilities that SDS has been delivering for many years: low-power embedded systems, Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication, cloud development, and application security.
IoT applications often require “out of the box” engineering. Examples of how IoT technologies and our expertise mesh are:
- A low-power sensor in a remote location must be capable of operating for several years without requiring a battery change. Our engineers have decades of experience tuning hardware and software designs for low power usage.
- A sensor on a piece of industrial equipment monitors temperature, pressure, and vibration. Using analysis on this data, SDS designed scheduling algorithms for preventative maintenance, preventing expensive equipment downtime.
- On consumer equipment, data collected by sensors can be used to build profiles of consumer use, and help your designers build the next version of equipment to better meet user’s needs.
Customized Internet of Things Development – Working Together
Our goal is not for you to outsource your project to us and walk away. Our goal is for us to work together to leverage your domain-specific knowledge and market expertise, combined with our extensive IoT application experience, to build the best possible IoT application for you, on time and on budget.
We adhere to Agile development principles, which means we involve customers early and often in the development process. We build both hardware and software prototypes rapidly, so we can arrive at an appropriate proof of concept, and then iterate that concept using additional customer input and feedback. Successive refinements using these methods lead to product deliverables that are customer-pleasing, and are more likely to lead to market success.
Our team will consult with you to determine your immediate business requirements, what your users will need to achieve through the user interface, what sort of connectivity – wireless or wired – your device will require, your power needs, and much more. We can provide engineering expertise to all aspects of your IoT project, including edge nodes, gateway interconnects, and cloud processing.
Examples of IoT Projects Software Design Solutions Has Built
Examples of our expertise, put into practice, include:
- Building software for edge node sensors in a retail environment that monitor product stock in real-time, keeping track of inventory levels, correct product placement, and even alerting on product theft.
- Gateway development involving Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication techniques and protocols such as MQTT. Often the gateway hardware is not developed, but sourced off-the-shelf. SDS has experience choosing gateway hardware and developing software that meets customer needs and budget.
- Developing algorithms to run in the cloud to perform the ‘heavy lifting’ of big data analysis, machine learning, and image processing that helps transform the raw data into usable, actionable information.
We Are Ready to Start Your Company’s New IoT Project Today
When you meet with the application development professionals at Software Design Solutions, we will work with you to identify your functional, power, usability, communication and control requirements, then will jointly develop a successful IoT application.
There’s no time like the present to get started. To learn more about our method of IoT development or to arrange for a consultation to explore how to get the best return on your programming investment, contact the team at Software Design Solutions today.